1 January 2020 Current Affairs Today
Current Affairs of the day: 1 January 2020 Current Affairs Today, Today Current affairs 01 January 2020 for SBI PO, IBPS PO/Clerk, IBPS RRB, NIACL, NICL, LIC, RBI Grade B/Assistant, IPPB, BoB, SSC. Be the first to know all the 1 January 2020 Current Affairs Today, top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News
Current Affairs English
1. Nirmala Sitharaman unveils 102 lakh crore national infrastructure plan
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman unveiled a 102 lakh crore national infrastructure pipeline in accordance with the Narendra Modi government’s vision to make India a $5 trillion economy by 2024-25. The finance ministry set up a task force headed by Economic Affairs Secretary to prepare a road map for the national infrastructure pipeline from 2019-20 to 2024-25 under the 100 lakh crore infra plan. Current Affairs 1 January 2020
2. IOA withdraws boycott call for 2022 Commonwealth Games
Indian Olympic Association (IOA) withdrawn its threat to boycott the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham over Shooting’s exclusion. It also announced that the country bid to host either the 2026 or the 2030 edition. The Commonwealth Games Federation (GCF) decided to submit a formal proposal to host a Commonwealth Shooting Championships before the main Games.GCF President Dame Louise Martin welcomed India confirming participation at the Birmingham Games.
Rohan Shah as Governor on ERIA Board
Commerce and Industry Ministry has selected Rohan Shah as India’s Representative and Governor on the board of Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (“ERIA”).
- Rohan Shah practicing counsel at the SC ( Supreme Court).
Harjeet Kaur Joshi as 1st woman to helm Shipping Corporation
Harjeet Kaur Joshi has chosen as a full-time Chairperson and Managing Director of privatization-bound Shipping Corporation of India (SCI).
- due to this, she became 1st woman to helm the country’s biggest ocean carrier by fleet size.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Finance minister launches 102 trillion National Infra Pipeline plan
Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched a National Infrastructure Pipeline coordination mechanism with an investment plan worth 102 trillion in the next five years. The economic affairs secretary Atanu Chakraborty submitted its first report after consultation with 70 different stakeholders for four months. The task force set up after prime minister Narendra Modi to roll out an ambitious infrastructure push worth 100 trillion over the next five years to make India a $5 trillion 1 January 2020 Current Affairs Today
No extra charge on digital payments via RuPay and UPI from 1 January 2020
The central government decided to wave off the Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) to promote digital payments. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman recently announced that the digital transactions using RuPay or UPI would not face additional charges from January 1, 2020. The central government amended two acts, Payments and Settlement Systems Act and the Income Tax Act. The Department of Revenue (DoR) will notify UPI and RuPay as the approved mode of payment for digital transactions without any Merchant Discount Rate (MDR).
e-certificate project by Odisha government
- The Odisha government has started off a unique “people-friendly” project in the state.
- it aims to provide official documents such as income, residence and similar other certificates online.
- in addition, no fees will be paid.
The government has begun a new portal, www.ceir.gov.in for subscribers of Delhi-NCR.
- meanwhile, it aims to facilitate requests for blocking of stolen/lost mobile phones by customers.
- to get services customers must have the same International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number.
- as a result, that will be used to unblocking of recovered phones.
- In sept month, in Mumbai, an initiative started and now, it has begun in Delhi-NCR.
- moreover, it will be rolled out across the country.
Railway Protection Force renamed as Indian Railway Protection Force Service
The Ministry of Railways accorded Organised Group ‘A’ status to Railway Protection Force (RPF) and renamed it Indian Railway Protection Force Service. The Organised Group ‘A’ status (OGAS) to RPF decision arising from Hon’ble Court’s orders. The RPF will be known as the Indian Railway Protection Force Service. The notice in this regard was issued by the Joint Director of Railway Board Amitabh Joshi on December 30. 1 January 2020 Current Affairs Today
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India commences worlds largest ever vaccination program to control FMD
National Animal Disease Control Programme for FMD and Brucellosis The Union Government launched a new scheme National Animal Disease Control Programme for FMD and Brucellosis with a financial outlay of Rs. 13,343.00 crore for five years (2019-20 to 2023-24) by vaccinating 100% cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, and pig population for FMD and 100% bovine female calves of 4-8 months of age for brucellosis to prevent loss of Rs. 50,000 crores.
Lokmanya Tilak journalism award to Jagran’s Sanjay Gupta
the editor-in-chief of ‘Jagran, Sanjay Gupta is going to be honored with the ‘Lokmanya Tilak National Journalism Award’.1 January 2020 Current Affairs Today
- in addition, Sanjay Gupta has given his contribution to the field of journalism.
- Pro-Iranian protesters end the siege of US Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq
- Scotland’s Peter Wright beats Dutch defending champion Michael Van Gerwen, 7-3 with 102.79 average, 34 x 140s, 11 maximums and 53% on doubles to seal his first PDC World Darts Championship in London
- David Stern, American basketball executive (NBA commissioner 1984-2014; longest-tenured commissioner in the history of major North American sports leagues), dies from a brain hemorrhage at 77
- Don Larsen, American MLB pitcher (the only perfect game in World Series history, Game 5 1956; World Series MVP 1956; NY Yankees), dies from esophageal cancer at 90 1 January 2020 Current Affairs Today